Saturday, March 14, 2009

Sweeping the dirt....

This picture was taken today in our front yard.  One thing I have learned since moving to Botswana is how to sweep the dirt.  There is  a fine art to sweeping it correctly.  You bend at the waist and sweep in one direction.  You put your left hand behind your back as you sweep with your right.  As you can see, Caden still has to work on his form a little.  After you are done sweeping is should all look nice and "clean".  I was thinking about this and it occurred to me that while you are sweeping away the lose dirt underneath it is still simply dirt.  
When it comes to our own lives do we just ask the Lord to help us sweep away the lose "sin" in our lives that seems easy to remove.  Or do we let Him go deeper into the sin that maybe we have not even recognized.  
For me it is all about my relationship with the Lord.  I do not want there to be anything within me that would keep me from walking with Him in harmony.  "We love because He first loved us." 1 John 4:19
  So I continue going before my Father and asking Him to show me any "dirt" in this heart of mine.   "If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness." 1John 1:9
Just remember to allow God to dig deep into your heart.  He is faithful and will heal the brokenhearted.  

No comments: