Monday, March 2, 2009

Children growing up...


As my children continue growing older, there are new depths to my trusting in the Lord.  Landon left this morning to go across the border into another country for 5 days of camp.  He was very excited about cooking his own food, washing his own dishes, and gaining some independence.  This morning I was the last parent to say goodbye, the last to give a hug and kiss, and I even got on the bus to take his picture.  I had never prayer walked a bus before!  I know, I am a little attached.  I am going into brand new territory with my first born.... letting go.  Please do not misunderstand me, I do not want him living with me all his life.  Todd and I long to see our boys grow into responsible adults, but the steps getting there can be difficult for a Momma.  The scripture that the Lord brings to mind... 

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.  And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."  Philippians 4:6,7

So I continue to trust and pray that the Lord's perfect will be done.  Thank you for walking on this journey with us.  There is nothing like walking with Jesus and seeing your children trust and walk with Him as well.   

1 comment:

Unknown said...

He is growing up so fast! I know that he will have a blast. Know that I am praying for ya, girl!! luvs and see you very soon!!