Saturday, March 7, 2009

Heart Lessons

I have been reminded this week to share with those which God has placed around you how much you love them and more importantly how precious they are to the Lord.  Over the years many friends in my life have passed away unexpectedly.  Remembering my last moments with them, I try to think about the last thing I said.  I know that life is like a breath and it vanishes so quickly, but so often I have not taken every opportunity to share God's love with others.  My mind drifts to the story of the last supper in the Bible where Jesus washed His disciples feet:
"So He got up from the table, took off His robe, wrapped a towel around His waist, and poured water into a basin. Then He began to wash the disciples' feet and to wipe them with the towel He had around Him......".
 After Jesus washed their feet He told them, "And since I, the Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you ought to wash each other's feet.  I have given you an example to follow.  Do as I have done to you."  John 13:4,5,14,15
I can never go back in time and share with those friends how dear they are and that grieves my heart.  But I can allow God to use that grief to help me become more and more dependent on Him to show me how to wash the feet of others.  



No comments: